- Professional representative before EUIPO
He joined CURELL SUÑOL in 2010. He is an associate in the firm’s Barcelona office. He advises clients on matters related to trademarks, industrial designs, copyright, patents, unfair competition, and domain names. He represents clients in commercial and contentious-administrative proceedings before the Spanish Courts in matters related to trademarks, copyright and unfair competition, administrative proceedings before the SPTO and the EUIPO in relation to trademarks and designs, administrative proceedings before the WIPO under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy of ICANN, and contentious proceedings before the CJUE in matters of EU trademarks.
He formerly worked in the IP boutique Roland & Douglas.
Law graduate from the University of Barcelona, Spain (2003-2008). Semester at the University of Sheffield, UK, under the framework of LifeLong Learning Programme of the European Commission (2007-2008). Master’s degree in Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law from ESADE Business & Law School, Spain (2010-2011). He has further taken various specialized courses on IP Law, Pharmaceutical Law, and Unfair Competition. He is currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Sports Law from the University of Valencia.
- Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- INTA Internet Committee – ICANN Engagement Subcommittee
- European Community Trademark Association (ECTA), Copyright Committee
- Spanish Association of Sports Law (AEDD)
- Managing Intellectual Property IP STARS
- Leaders League
- “European Union: ‘Addresses’ Does Not Cover Email, Telephone, or Internet Address”, INTA Bulletin, August 5, 2020 | Vol. 75 Issue 17, Section Law & Practice
- “La competencia territorial en litigios de propiedad industrial”, Diario LA LEY (ISSN 1989-6913), nº 9664, Sección Doctrina, 01/07/2020, Wolters Kluwer
- “Koton vs. EUIPO – You act in bad faith when you try to undermine a third party’s interests or have no intention to use your mark”, ECTA Bulletin, March 2020, Issue VI, pages 44 and 45
- “Tumblr: ¿es posible fomentar la creatividad sin proteger a los creadores?”, ElDerecho.com
- “Merchandising de personajes audiovisuales de ficción: hacer negocios de los Jedi, Bart Simpson y Pocoyó”, Copyrait.com
Recent and upcoming speaking engagements
- “Street Art & Copyright: Work of Art or Criminal Conduct? US and EU perspective”, Moderator, Table Topic, INTA’s 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting, 18 November 2020
- “Cómo proteger tu diseño contra copias”, Panelist, Conference at Barcelona Design Week 2019, Barcelona, Spain, 13/06/2019
- “Droit d’auteur & Espace public / Monuments Publics et Street Art / France – Brésil – Espagne”, Panelist, presentation “Public Monuments and Street Art – Spain”, Arenaire Breakfast Conference, Paris, France, 29/01/2019
Languages: Spanish, English, Bulgarian, and Catalan.