- Industrial Engineer (1998)
- Qualified European Patent Attorney (EQE-2010)
- Spanish Industrial Property Attorney (2011)
- European Trademark and Design Attorney (2011)
He joined CURELL SUÑOL in 2005. His functions in the Firm consist of assessing clients in matters related to patent and design protection, preparation of patent and industrial design applications in Spain, the European Union and worldwide, analysing freedom to operate and patentability.
He previously worked as development engineer for light duty commercial vehicles in Daimler Chrysler AG (at present Daimler AG) in Stuttgart, Germany; as development engineer in Simtec GmbH in Stuttgart, Germany; as product engineer responsible for the industrialization of switches for Ford, Jaguar and Opel in Eaton Ros S.A. (at present Delphi Packard S.L.); and as a trainee in the department of engines development of Volkswagen AG in Wolfsburg, Germany; in the electronic and mechanical department of Edmund Erdmann Elektrotechnik GmbH (at present Erdmann Enterprises Deutschland) in Essen and Hachenburg, Germany, and in the laboratory planning department of Merck AG in Darmstadt, Germany.
He is a M. Sc. in Industrial Engineering, specialized in Mechanical Engineering by the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC). He worked as assistant laboratory professor in the Department of Mechanical Technology of the School for Industrial Engineering of Barcelona (ETSEIB) and was granted a scholarship for the senior project on an automatically guided vehicle (AGV).
- Member of the Colegio Oficial de Agentes de la Propiedad Industrial – COAPI (Spanish Institute of Chartered Industrial Property Attorneys).
- Member of the European Patent Institute.
- Member of the Col·legi d’Enginyers Industrials de Catalunya – COEIC (Professional Association of Industrial Engineers of Catalonia)
- Member of AIPPI, FICPI, PTMG, MARQUES and INTA.
- Chairman of the AIPPI Internacional committee, IP Office Practice & Procedures.
He is a professional entitled to act before the Spanish Patent and Trademark Office (SPTO), the European Patent Office (EPO), the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
He lectures in IP matters at the “Preparation course for the qualifying examination to become a Spanish Industrial Property Attorney” organized by COAPI, the “European Patent Law Course” organized by the Centre d’Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (CEIPI), the “Master’s Degree of Water Resources Science and Technology” of the University of Girona (UdG) and has lectured at the “Practical preparation course for the European Qualifying Examination (EQE)” organized by the Centre of Patents of the University of Barcelona (UB).
Coautor of the Spanish chapter of the book Christopher V. Carani “Design Rights. Functionality and Scope of Protection” 1st. Ed. Kluwer Law International B.V. 2017, ISBN: 978-90-411-8864-9.
He speaks Catalan, Spanish, German, English and French.